The Hartford Community Restorative Justice Center currently offers:
- Safe Driver Class/Victim Impact Panel (Co-facilitated by Hartford Probation and Parole)
- Expressive Writing Group
- Debate and Public Speaking Course, hosted by SPEAK, Vermont Law School
Safe Driver Class / Victim Impact Panel (Co-facilitated by Hartford Probation and Parole):
- For individuals who have pled guilty to negligent operation, DUI, texting while driving, speeding, driving with a suspended license, and other driving offenses.
- Two-night workshop in Hartford, VT, including a presentation from individuals harmed by an unsafe driver.
- A $50 fee is required for attendance and to receive a certificate of completion after full participation.
- Learn the impact of your actions on others.
- Create a safe driving plan.
- Learn the impact of unsafe driving.
- Learn the cost of unsafe driving.
- Upcoming classes in 2017: February 22 and 28; June 20 and 27; September 12 and 19.
- Time: 5:30-8:30.
- To reserve your space, call 802-291-7173 or email email@example.com.
- For classes in other locations, visit: http://cjnvt.org/resources/safe-driver-classes/
Expressive Writing Group—Come together to write as a means of discovering and exploring your experiences, stories, ideas, and issues:
- FREE group led by Joni Cole, founder of the Writer’s Center in White River Junction.
- No writing experience required.
- All writing shared within the group will remain confidential.
- Join anytime.
- Mondays 11:30 AM – 1 PM (ongoing).
- Call the Center to sign up.
Debate and Public Speaking Course, hosted by SPEAK, Vermont Law School
- When: Mondays: 4-5 PM from 2/27/17-4/17/17
- Where: Hartford Community Restorative Justice Center (58 North Main Street, #102, White River Junction, 05001)
- Why: Learn about debate and how it can help with critical thinking and presentation skills.
- For more information, call 802-291-7173 or visit: http://www.vermontlaw.edu/community/student-groups/speak
- The course is a 6-week course, but it can be joined at any time.